- What is aircraft maintenance engineering?
Ans: Task of an engineer is to ensure the airworthiness of the aircraft is at optimum standards, ensuring the aircraft are fit to fly. This is the study of becoming an esteemed engineer such as that.
- Is this a degree or a diploma program?
Ans: A degree nor a diploma is required. It’s a professional certificate, A degree nor a diploma is needed to become a Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer. We do provide diploma course in Aircraft Maintenance Operation. In addition you are required to enroll in the EASA examination in order apply for your license in future.
- How long is the duration of the program?
Ans: EASA Cat A1: 2 years including 1 year of theoretical and practical training and 1 year of working experience. Diploma : 3 years including theoretical, practical and On Job Training.
- What is the course structure like?
Ans: EASA Part 66 syllabuses, under Category A1 program.
- What is EASA?
Ans: European Aviation Safety Agency, the governing body that monitors and regulates in regards of aviation safety and air regulations.
- What is EASA Part 147?
Ans: It is an approved training organization recognized under EASA.
- What is EASA Part 145?
Ans: An approved Maintenance and Repair Organization recognized by EASA.
- What is EASA Part 66?
Ans: The approved training syllabus for Aircraft Maintenance Engineering (AME) and its licensed itself.
- Is industrial training/OJT provided?
Ans: Yes, an approved 145 organizations will be chosen for the training.
- What is B1.1 and A1
Ans: Category B1.1 is certified technician – Aeroplane with Gas Turbine Engine. Category A1 is certified mechanic – Aeroplane with Gas Turbine Engine.
- What is the difference between an aeronautical engineering and aircraft maintenance engineering?
Ans: Aeronautical engineering is focused towards the design and manufacture of aircraft and its components whereas aircraft maintenance engineering is more on ensuring the safety and reliability of the aircraft.
- How do I obtain my license?
Ans: Upon completion and passing of all the modules (from a 147 Approved organization), added with 1 year of work experience for Cat A1 and additional of 2 years for Cat B1.1 (from a 145 Approved organization) documented by work schedules, is submitted with relevant certificates and application form to an EASA governing body for the grant of basic AME License.
- Why EASA compared to DCA or FAA?
Ans: Recognition and applicability is worldwide.
- Can we work in Malaysia with EASA license?
Ans: Yes, acknowledgement of foreign license from DCA Malaysia is required and subject to the acceptance of the employer.
- Where can one work with this license?
Ans: Airlines, maintenance, repair and operations(MRO), aircraft and engine manufacturers, aircraft components and parts manufacturers, aviation training companies and etc.
- Can I work overseas?
Ans: Yes, subject to the employer’s acceptance.
- Can I convert my license to other types of licenses?
Ans: Yes, according to the requirements of the local authority
- What is a type course?
Ans: Familiarization of a specific aircraft type, for example, A350, A320, A380, B777, B737 and etc. that is obtained after having the basic AMEL prior to working.
- How is the training conducted?
Ans: Theoretical in classrooms, continuous examinations, hands on training in workshops and industry.
- What is the passing mark for each module?
Ans: All modules carry a minimum passing mark of 75%.
- What if we fail our examination?
Ans: You are barred for sitting that module for 90 days, and required to pay the re-exam fees for next re-sit.
- Why would one choose Aerotech Training Centre (ATC)?
- Affordable fee
- Conducive learning environment
- Quality education
- Experienced & Licensed instructors
- Good training facilities
- Wide industry alliances
- Where is the location of ATC?
Ans: Subang Airport, Malaysia
- When was ATC established?
Ans: March 2013.
- What course does ATC offer?
Ans: EASA Part 66 Cat A1 Aircraft Maintenance Engineering basic training course. EASA Part 66 examinations (all category) Diploma Kemahiran Malaysia in Aircraft Maintenance Operations.
- Does ATC offer B2 program?
Ans: No, progress is ongoing for the relevant approvals to be obtained.
- What are the requirements to enroll in this program?
- Proficiency in writing, reading, speaking, and understanding English.
- 18 years of age upon sitting first examination of the program.
- Physically and mentally fit, free from colour blindness and hearing disorders.
- Minimum of SPM qualification or equivalent preferred
- What is the difference between ATC and other colleges / universities that offer similar courses like this?
Ans : We are fully privatized and teach 100% based on EASA Part 147 basic training requirements(Which means upon completion of Cat A1 course, you will need 1 years work experience and for Cat B1.1, you will need additional of 2 years work experience in order to submit for your license application). Some institutions may claim to be EASA 147 approved but do not comply with the requirements & years studied end up not being recognized when it comes to issuance of License. (Which means upon completion, you will need 5 years work experience in order to submit for your license application)
- What is the cost of this entire program?
Ans: RM 75000.00 net- inclusive of training modules, tuition fees, uniform, flight ticket (Malaysia – Europe) and lodging for practical training in Europe.
- Is accommodation provided during the course in Subang?
Ans: Yes, for an affordable fee.
- Are there any scholarships or loans provided?
Ans: Yes for scholarship based on the results. No for loan but however an interest free easy payment scheme is made available to ease the financial burden. Loans for Diploma program is still in process.
- What are the facilities provided at ATC?
- Fully Air-conditioned classrooms.
- Comfortable learning Tables & Chairs.
- White board & Overhead Projectors.
- Fully equipped maintenance workshop.
- Technical Library.
- Are training notes provided?
Ans: Yes, it is inclusive in the course fee.
- Is this program inclusive of a type course?
Ans: No, there is charges for it.
- Are the lecturers/instructors of ATC from the aviation industry?
Ans: Yes, because sufficient work experience along with high levels of knowledge produces the best results in teaching for this field. Our tutors are Licensed Engineers & Ex-Air Force engineers.
- What is the maximum number of students per class?
Ans: Not more than 28 students in a batch as per the regulation. 10-15 students maximum in one class.
- What are the class hours?
Ans: Monday to Friday, from 9.00am till 5.00pm. (Saturday classes may be held to cover teaching hours.)
- Can I study part time?
Ans: No. This is a full time course and accrued hours of learning is a requirement to be fulfilled for each module.
- Can I just study for certain few modules, if I have completed some module elsewhere?
Ans: Yes, depending on the availability of an instructor for the module requested.
- Can I just take EASA examinations at ATC?
Ans: Yes, ATC also acts as an approved examination centre.
- What if I have done some modules from CAA UK, and I would like to take the remaining examinations in ATC?
Ans: Yes, it is acceptable because it is Part 147 recognized.
- Am I able to continue my modules elsewhere?
Ans: Yes, as long as it is recognized by the accepting body.
- Are there any practical training during the course?
Ans: Yes, practical training is part of the course that involves workshop practices, hands on practical training on simulated and live aircraft.
- Is securing a job guaranteed?
Ans: Yes, depending on the performance during your OJT and your exam results.
- Are there any other courses offered besides AME?
Ans: Yes. FAA prep course and Re-current trainings.
- How do I endorse my license with the type course?
Ans: Upon completion of type course with sufficient work schedule on the specific aircraft, application may be made for the inclusion of the type rating into the AMEL.
- What is the enrollment procedure?
Ans: Upon satisfying that the candidate is eligible for enrollment a nominal registration fee is made payable to secure a placement along with registration forms, certificates & photo. Remaining payments shall commence once the course begins.
- Where can I make further references in regards to this course?